What is Orthodox Natural Church Development?
ONCD II Team Members
|Mary Ellen Kassotakis|
Update to the Parish Council - November 15, 2015
Wrapping Up the Diagnosis Phase
- Over the past year, the ONCD II Team has been working toward achieving an accurate “diagnosis" of the current situation.
- We analyzed the survey results of last year’s ONCD survey (30 participants, selected by Father James), organized several focus groups, and assessed our current ministry performance.
- Our "minimum factor” or area for most opportunity was noted as “Outreach”.
- Here are the actions we took:
- We tested our minimum factor hypothesis via discussions and focus groups, and we arrived at specific conclusions based on our data and analysis.
We prepared a Need Oriented Evangelism & Outreach white paper to analyze this hypothesis.
Dusan met with the Outreach Director of the Metropolis (Thomaida Hudanish) to validate if our Outreach synergy was aligned with the Metropolis' strategic goals.
Based on her feedback, our community is far ahead of the game in Outreach.
Next Steps: the Planning Phase
- The next stage of the ONCD/Parish Strategic Planning process is the Planning component, where we compile requirements for implementation based on the conclusions of our diagnosis.
- We hope the team members will continue their volunteer work with this Committee, and for the committee to expand.
- Based on an initial analysis of the external risks and opportunities, we believe the implementation horizon to take longer than 2017 (which was the original projection).
- The ONCD II team is just in the beginning phase of this approach.
- In the meantime, we have an "early win" with respect to hiring the new Youth Director. We believe this will assist in normalizing our parish outlook in the short run, and gear us for smoother implementation in the long run.